Saturday, February 20, 2010

Front Door Redo

Hi y'all! I was getting kind of tired of wreaths and metal door pockets and since I L♥VE banners, vintage papers, burlap, neutrals and German glass glitter, why not put them all together to make this pennant wall hanging. It could really hang anywhere, but I think it has found its home on my front door. First, I cut strips of burlap to approximately 6" wide.


I found these great heavy cardstock pennants at Michael's, so I used these as my form. With a touch of hot glue, I attached the burlap strips to the pennant. To make the ruffles, you just fold over the burlap and glue and repeat to make a ruffle.







I didn't really like the backside unfinished like you see below, so I attached a second pennant to cover up all the not so pretty stuff. Plus, it made it more durable and just looks better.





Now to the fun part! Piper and Paige helped me with dressing it up. We used vintage papers from the 1800's from my collection. We then added vintage game pieces to spell out our last name. I knew I'd have a use for these one day. We thought it needed more ruffles, so we added yummy gray {my favorite color} crepe ruffles around the inside. For a little bling, we added a few German glass glitter 5 point stars. We love stars in our family....reminds us of our time in Texas and it represents our 5 kids.
Giddy up!










xoxo,

tia & andrea

2 comments:

  1. How cool. love your door pennant. Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love that you spelled out your name too! Adorable project!

    XOXO
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails