Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lucky

I was walking through Michael's a week ago and saw a package of green flowers from Prima and I loved the color and thought wow those look like shamrocks. Short story I bought them not know what I was going to do with them. Then I looked at the Michael's ad last Sunday and artist canvas was on sale 40% off and you could use an extra coupon for another 20% off and it hit me......I will make a canvas for St Patrick's Day!!!

I ended up using 2 packages of the flowers from Prima, 8x10 canvas, Distress ink in walnut, canvas stamp from Stampin Up, parchment craft smart paint, ink garden green from CTMH, scalloped punch, grunge board chipboard from Tim Holtz, foam adhesive squares and my favorite glue ever, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

I painted the canvas in a parchment color paint. I used the ink and stamps to distress the edges of the canvas. Next I cut off one of the petals of each of the flowers and then rolled the cut off petal to make the stems of the shamrock. I saved one to keep as a four leaf clover. I layered the shamrocks to create a collage of the shamrocks. I added the "four leaf" clover to the scalloped punch and raised up using some foam squares. I inked the letters with the distress ink to spell lucky and added it to the canvas.

♥ it on my mantle!!! I put some cut off shamrocks from a pick from Michael's in the apothecary jar next to it.







Andrea & Tia


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails