Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yo-Yo Flower Tank Top

I was so inspired by the lovely and talented Jen over at Tatertots and Jello when she posted her yo yo flower pillow redo. Check it out here. As a little girl, I remember making a ton of these fabric yo yo flowers when we would go visit my aunt who was an avid seamstress. They were so much fun to make. So I decided to embellish this gray tank top that I just purchased from Old Navy. I L♥VE tank tops...especially gray ones. And this was the perfect backdrop for these vintage fabric yo yo flowers. Various vintage fabric yo yo flowers in 1" and 2"

With just a few basic stitches with some thread and a needle, this tank top has been transformed! This could even be a no sew project, but I was enjoying hand sewing them on.

Here is what it looks like on. With a pink tank top layered under it, I think it has that Anthropologie/J.Crew look that I love so very much! More projects like this to come, so stay tuned...


xoxo,

tia & andrea





5 comments:

  1. SUPER cute!! I love fabric yo yos. Great way to dress up the tank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks so much! I thought it was a lot of fun! And was fun to make. xoxo....tia

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to kill you for that stupid background music and not having a way to shut it off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails