Monday, April 5, 2010

Robins Egg Blue & Vintage Flowers

It's officially spring.....well, at least I hope it is here in Chicago. And as much as I love anything robins egg blue, I especially love it in the springtime! Vicki and I are doing a Crimson Clover trunk show this week at a dear friends' house and I needed a cute display for all of my vintage enamel flower parts. I found these plastic frames at Goodwill for only 99 cents each. I do love off white, but plastic? Not so much. And they had all of these plastic flowers all over them, too. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

With a little sanding and a few coats of my all time favorite spray paint, I think they are the perfect piece to house these vintage metal flowers. What do you think?



The metal is perfect for hanging the flowers. I think I'll use if for some of my other jewelry, too.



I have reassembled these flower parts into new pendants to wear on a necklace. I have some gorgeous pearl chains that go fabulous with these, as well. They just scream spring.


A few displayed in a tarnished vintage silver compote



xoxo,
tia & andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails