Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hi Bloggers!!!! I am Tia's sister-in -law Andrea and I was asked if I wanted to Blog some on Two Junk Chix and I am trilled to get to. I love anything crafty, scrapbooking & card making, photography and organizing and I look forward to sharing these things with all of you.

The beginning of a new year is one of my favorite times of the year. I love to re-organize and re-purpose areas and things in my home. It is a fresh start for the new year.
Being a girl and all of us gals love our bling and we need cute ways to store and or display our pieces of jewelry. Here are some ways that I have saved and bookedmarked to try in my home.
I loved this display from one of Tia's Crimson Clover jewelry shows from the fall. She used an old screen to showcase her jewelry by hanging pieces through the screen . You could do this on a smaller scale and hang it on the wall. Super cute and I love it!!!

I found this "open drawer display" on Martha Stewart.com using antique tea cups and saucers What a beautiful way to display jewelry.
Or displayed in the tea cups and saucers on a dresser or on top of another piece of furniture.




This super cute wall mounted box that is easy to make in only 3 steps. I think I will be crafting one of these gems in the near future for myself!!!

From Martha Stewart.com
Box How to-
1. Select a shadow box ( or a small wine crate) with a back and sides that are at least 1/4 inch thick to accommodate the hooks. Sand and prime the box, then apply 2 coats of semi gloss spray paint.
2. Cut a piece of decorative paper to fit inside the box, coat the back of the paper with spray adhesive and press it into place, smoothing it from the center out to the corners with your fingers. Then lay our the jewelry where you'd like it to hang and screw in the hooks at the appropriate points.
3. Finally, add 2 evenly spaced saw-tooth hangers to the box's back for a steady mount.




Decoration with a purpose. Use an existing piece to display necklaces from. Faboulous!!!
Martha Stewart.com




So easy but so cute. Use an art canvas covered with paper and straight pens to hang pieces from.



Here are a couple of cute holders and stands that I found online that have a vintage look to them.



Urban outfitters
$28.00






Pottery Barn
$59.00
Enjoy!!! Happy New year!!!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails