Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentine Pennants




I made these Valentine Pennants last weekend.   I love the mix of papers and items that make up the arrangement. 
 
You need:
pattern paper
dowel rods
small syrofoam balls
dollies
German glass glitter or plain glitter
Red glitter paint
pencil
ruler
hot glue
Mod podge
other embellishments to add to your pennants
container
 
 I used papers that I had purchase a while back at Hobby Lobby and layered them on cardstock for stability.   I cut the shape of the pennants out with scissors.  I just eyeballed it to get the shape.   You can be more precise if you want and use a ruler and measure.  I did use a ruler just for straight edge.    I used hot glue to secure the pennant to the dowel rods.  To the top of the dowels I added a styrofoam ball covered in glitter to give it a more finished look.   I added a few embellishments to the pennants to decorate them up a bit.
The top pennant I free handed a heart with pencil and filled it in with mod podge and glitter.   The bottom I free handed the word love in pencil and went over it with red glitter glue.  


I got this little chalkboard heart at Michaels.  It was already on  the dowel rod.    I wrote Jet'aime on it with chalk. 

This heart was from a project a couple of years and thought it looked good with the others.  I die cut the heart out and stamped love on it. 

This was a paper lollie layered with several different dollies.  I added a chipboard heart in the center. 

In the vase I added some floral foam just hold it all together and so that it wouldn't shift all over.    I added some vintage paper shreds to cover the floral foam.


xoxo

Andrea & Tia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails