Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Color my front door....

I wanted to get something different this Easter for my front door. I kept looking around not really finding anything that I had to have until I saw this egg wreath at Target. It was small but I loved the brightly colored eggs and I knew that I could add something to it and make it bigger and better. I did hear that Target does have bigger egg wreaths but I never did see them at mine. My wreath was only about 10 bucks. Fun little carrot bunch that I got a Pier One. I think it was suppose to be an ornamnet. I think it us super cute!!! I think it was $2-3
I added a grapevine wreath that I spray painted blue. I made a mistake when Paint shopping. I got the blue thinking it was the blue color that was actually the teal color that was in the wreath. Not a problem I popped off 3 of the eggs that were white and I spray painted them too so it all matched.
Problem Solved!!!

Cute little banner that I made. I used some glitter carstock from American crafts in a blue-teal color. I just handcut the triangles for the banner. You need a front and back triangle for each letter if you can see your wreath from the other side like I can on mine. Glue the triangles front and backs on a cord or sting to form the banner. I embellished mine with ribbon trim, alpha stickers and brads. I used hot glue to adhere the banner. The ribbon trim and brads are from Doodlebug. Letter sticks are from American Crafts and are made out of vinyl. I used hot glue and used floral wire to hold it all togehter.


Happy Easter and Crafting!!!
Andrea





6 comments:

  1. WAY CUTE!!! Love the Carrots and the little bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto...WAY CUTE!! I love all the fun,funky colors and the way you put your touch to it!
    Cathy aka GGJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. So colorful and fun. I like the way you gave it some extra personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is safe to say that I am slightly obsessed with this spring wreath! The colors, the theme...I would pop this baby on my front door in a second! I love it! You should totally enter this wreath into Craftbaby's 'Spring Wreath Challenge!' http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/5/spring-diy-wreath-sweeps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as a button! I featured your wreath on my blog this week in my Weekly Inspiration post. I'd love for you to stop by and take a peek:

    http://www.sewcreativeblog.com/weekly-inspiration-easter-wreaths-door-decorations/

    Best Wishes,

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails